At Pilgrims Pre-Preparatory School our ethos is simple. Little people start learning from birth, and we take every opportunity to nurture that inherent curiosity and creativity to provide the best possible educational start for each and every child in our care. From the superb design of our buildings to the inspiring way we teach, our attention is centred on letting children be children while helping them to flourish.
At Pilgrims Pre-Preparatory School, we are committed to behaving in ways that enables everyone to feel included that is, respected, valued, safe, trusted and have a sense of belonging. We therefore all embrace the following values:
We treat everybody in a kind, compassionate, caring and supportive way so that everybody feels happy and safe
We celebrate and encourage curiosity and the desire to wonder and ponder, instilling in everyone a life long love for learning and the skills to explore the world around us
We acknowledge the feelings, interests and beliefs of others within an environment that reflects understanding, honesty and integrity
Our vision & aims
At Pilgrims, our vision is to inspire a love of learning. We aim to achieve this through:
Inspirational and innovative teaching
- Enable all the children to reach their full potential.
- Stimulate curiosity, enjoyment, imagination and creativity.
- Encourage the children to be confident, independent thinkers and learners.
Recognising each child as an individual
- Support individual needs, recognise and enhance potential.
- Nurture children’s interests and develop their resilience, encouraging them to open their minds to new opportunities and challenges.
- Promote children’s wellbeing and ensure happy, healthy learners.
Creating a stimulating environment
- Provide a safe and happy school full of rich and challenging opportunities.
- Maintain and develop the excellent facilities.
Developing a strong sense of community
- Create an ethos with clear expectations and shared values.
- Foster a strong sense of belonging to the school and its wider community.
Promoting fundamental British values at Pilgrims
The DfE have recently reinforced the need to:
“create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.”
The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values were reiterated by the Government in 2014.
At Pilgrims School these values are actively promoted in the following ways:
- The Schools Vision, Aims and Values (Curiosity, Kindness and Respect)
- Within the context of our creative curriculum which includes RE and PSHCE (Personal, Social, Health, Cultural and Economic Education)
- The themes and concepts covered during assemblies
- Our positive behaviour policy
This approach gives pupils a range of opportunities to develop and demonstrate skills, attitudes and behaviours that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain.
Please use the link below to read how these fundamental British values are defined and promoted at Pilgrims School.